There are three Men’s hostels and three women’s hostel which provide accommodation to the students of this college as detailed below :
1. Jadumani Chhatrabas – 100 seats
2. SC/ST Hostel No.1 – 60 seats
3. SC/ST Hostel No. 2 – 60 Seats
1. Malati Choudhury Chhatrinibas – 100 seats
2. Second Ladies Hostel – 100 seats
3. Third Ladies Hostel – 100 seats
Rules Governing the Hostels :
1. Students who desire to reside in the Hostels, will have to mention it clearly in the application form under the appropriate head without mentioning the name of any hostel. No student can claim, as a matter of right, to stay in a particular hostel or in a particular room.
2. The selection for admission to hostel is made on the basis of merit and good conduct, after admission into the college.
3. The selection of the old boarders will be determined on the basis of their performance in the last Annual Examination and good conduct.
4. In case of withdrawal, an application to that effect shall be made by the parents / guardians.
5. The superintendents will allot seats to those students who bring receipts of admission to hostel from the college office.
6. Only parents/guardians are allowed to leave their wards in the hostel and fill up their visitors forms available in the Hostel office.
7. The superintendent will maintain and admission register of the boarders stating their bio-data and antecedents during their stay in the hostel. The superintendent will inform the principal, his parents, local guardian and the HOD in case of the boarder’s misconduct.
8. The Principal is the final authority in respect of admission of boarders in the hostel and reserves the right to change any rules as he deems fit.
1. Each boarder will be provided with a cot, a table and a chair.
2. All the boarders in a room will enjoy a ceiling Fan.
3. Boarders are required to make good use of the furniture which is their individual responsibility.
4. Any wilful damage of the hostel furniture and electric installations by a boarder will make him/her liable for heavy penalties.
5. The superintendent is required to conduct an annual check of the hostel furniture and other articles, and a report of the stock position has to be submitted to the principal before closer of the college for summer vacation.
6. The superintendent should also submit to the principal a report on the repair-work to be undertaken during summer vacation.
7. The boarders have to arrange their own electric bulbs.
Study Hours :
1. The hours fixed for the study are :
a) 6.30 A.M. to 9.15 A.M.
b) 6.30 P.M. to 9.30 P.M.
2. No boarder shall ordinarily be allowed to leave his/her room during study hours.
3. No boarder is expected to remain absent from the hostel (other than the class) during study hours without the prior permission of the Superintendent. Frequent absence will be tantamount to breach of discipline.
Visiting Hours :
1. From Monday to Saturday – 4.30 to 6.00 P.M.
Sunday – 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
2. Visitors will be received only in the Visitors Room.
3. Authorised visitors (Parents/Guardian/Local Guardians) are allowed to visit their wards on any day during visiting hours.
4. Relatives of the boarders may visit them with the permission of the Superintendent.
5. Friends of the boarders may be allowed to visit beyond the visiting hours with the permission of the superintendent.
6. Excursion/Picnic Parties, Athletic teams and college guests may also be allowed to take shelter in the hostel temporarily with the permission of the superintendent.
7. Parents natural guardians , relatives and friends of a boarder may be allowed to stay in the hostel for a period not exceeding one day with the permission of the superintendent.