(A) STATUTORY COMMITTEES :-
1. Academic Council :
Without Prejudice to the generally of functions mentioned the Academic Council shall have the powers to :
a) Scrutinise and approve the proposals (with or without modification) of the Boards of studies with regard to the courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications there of, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc. In case, the Academic council differs on any proposal, it has the right to return the matter for consideration to the Board of studies concerned or reject after giving reasons to do so.
b) Make regulations regarding admission of students to different programmes of study in the college.
c) Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, proper maintenance and functioning of the playground s and hostels.
d) Recommend to the Governing Body proposals for institution of new programmes of study.
e) Recommend to the Governing Body, institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes, and medals and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
f) Advise the Governing Body on the suggestions pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
g) Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.
COMPOSITION OF ACADEMIC COUNCIL
1. Shri Dsarathi Biswal Principal Chairman
All the Heads of the Departments
1. Dr. Rajkishore Maharana Botany Member
2. Mr. Bijaya Kumar Swain Chemistry Member
3. Dr. Ashok Ku. Mohanty Zoology Member
4. Mr. Himanshu Sekhar Pattnaik Physics Member
5. Mr. Trilochan Sathua Mathematics Member
6. Mr. Laxmidhar Mishra English Member
7. Mr. Ashok Kumar Tripathy Economics Member
8. Mr. Balaram Panda Pol. Science Member
9. Mr. Prasanta Kumar Pattnaik History Member
10. Mrs. P. Devi Philosophy Member
11. Dr. Niranjan Sia Psychology Member
12. Smt. Suchitra Rath Sanskrit Member
13. Mr. G. B Nayak Education Member
14. Mr. Bainsidhar Gouda Commerce Member
15. Dr. Bijayalaxmi Parida Odia Member
16. Mrs. Priyambada Dash Sociology Member
Four Members of the Faculty representing different Categories of teaching staff on the basis of seniority of service in the college.
1. Mr. Prafulla Kumar Pradhan (Lecturer in English) Member
2. Capt. Manjushree Pati (Sr Lect. in Zoology ) Member
3. Mr. Kailash Ch. Ojha (Lecturer in Political Science) Member
4. Dr. Bipin Ku. Pattnaik (Lecturer in Physics) Member
Four Experts outside the College with Expertise in Industry Commerce, Law, Education, Medicine and Engineering
1. Mr. Baidyanath Mishra (Retd. Engineer, Nayagarh) Member
2. Mr. B. K. Pradhan (Govt. PP, Nayagarh) Member
3. Dr. R. K. Shadangi(Retired CDMO, Nayagarh) Member
4. Dr. S. C. Mishra (Rtd. Principal) Member
Three Nominees of the University
1. Prof. Ananth Bandhu Das(P.G. Dept. of Botany Utkal University BBSR): University Nominee
2. Prof. Jayant Ku Parida (P.G. Dept. of Commerce, Utkal University BBSR) : University Nominee
3. Prof Asim Ranjan Padhi (P.G. Dept. of English, Utkal University BBSR) : University Nominee
A Faculty Member nominated by the Principal (Member Secretary)
1. Mrs S. Rath (UGC Nodal Officer and Reader in Sanskrit)